Alright, so a while ago i posted that i was having some static problems.. well today was 93 degrees and i decided, if i am going to fix it , i better start moving, since it is only going to get hotter.

I checked a few basic things.. first the noise is from teh empeg to the amp, tested with a portable cd player.

Second, for the 5th time some of the connections have come loose from the harness. It is rediculous.. i have had so many problems with the wires coming out of the back of the harness, and i am careful as can be. I don't tug on onything, and i bundle well when installed.. the wires are just in there badly.

So a few things.

#1) the memory (yellow wire with the battery pack) should be soldered into which pin location.

#2) it also appears that 2 of the serial connection wires have come out.. which i never use. Can i just remove the serial connection from in car completely, it is worthless to me, but i don't know if the empeg will moan about not having it connected, even thoug teh adaptor goes to nothing.. same goes for the tuner mod.

At the rate i am going, i may as well frmove them and solder them all back into place if needed since there are only about 6 wires left that i haven't had to redo anyway.

#3) is there anyway i can get a docking connector at this point? i don't even want the cage, just the connector, i have had it with this one. I should have sent it back in when teh first wire pulle dout, but i didn't feel like waiting 3 weeks to get it back.

#4) the static is now HORRIBLE.. i have tried to isolate it from the deck to no avail. I changed the ground locations, i made sure all teh wires were in there cleany.. i actually am starting to wonder if the rca connectors conneted to the sled have gone off, i can't find anything else.. all i know is that it is worse now after moving the sled.

Any thoughts on any of this appreciated.. i am really sick of effing with it.