I'm trying to get used to it. The thing that really pushed me into getting a GPS is using Hertz rental cars "Never Lost" system. That one is very clear to use, the maps are clear, and I literally never got lost (the name does fit). I've travelled all over Florida and the east coast with nothing more than that unit - no map or directions - it got me right to the door each time.

I'm finding that the GPS V's mapping to be slow and hard to read. Also, the mapping with MapSource is less than stellar. I'd like to be able to do something like "show me all the banks local to this area", or "what hotels are closest to this waypoint". Can't do any of that kind of stuff.

Also, if you don't like the route that it picks for you, getting it to use your preferred route is another pita. I tried to use it this morning to go from SF to Sunnyvale, and it was absolutely hell bent on forcing me to take 101 even though I had waypoints set up as part of the route on 280...

The speed of the unit also concerns me. It sometimes takes 20-30 seconds to draw or re-draw the map. That's slow and if you don't know where you are going, can be uncool...

What's your experience been like so far?

- Jon