I just got back from seeing one hell of a rock and roll show.

I don't much care what you think about the band Stone Temple Pilots, but I think they're one of the only bands still really rocking out there. The entire set is one huge adrenaline rush.

I was fortunate to get in on advance sales for this concert. Fortunate because it was at the Norva in Norfolk, Virginia. This is an 1800 person, club-like place. I was a bit amazed that they were playing that size a hall because I think they're still a bit bigger than that.

The opening band was Home Town Hero from LA. They were really, really good. Sort of a cross between Green Day and Our Lady Peace, except HARD. Check out the song "Run Right Through" on their site there. It's what they opened the concert with. I am definitely buying their album when it comes out in May.

STP was nuts. Of the big bands, Scott Weiland is one of the best performers around these days. He had his usual gyrations and such, and the band was basically what they are known for. It was just great.

So that's all I wanted to say. I'm sure there are plenty of people here who dislike the band for whatever reasons, and I'm fine with that. I just wanted to express my delight in seeing that rock is not dead.