In reply to:

Also, the Rio fitting in the dash isn't really *quite* all it's cracked up to be. Since it's designed around the now obsolete "pull-out stereo" concept, many newer vehicles really don't provide a good way to mount the cage for it. I had to completely butcher up things in my 1997 Toyota Supra to get my Rio MP3 Car mounted securely -- and I'll have to buy a replacement dash trim piece if I ever pull it back out of the car.

I've installed my rio into both a 99 Audi A4 and a 2002 Acura RSX both where extremely easy with aftermarket install kits, so I can't say I really agree with you there, when I owned a neo (that now occupies a junk drawer in my basement) I had to make a really stupid looking trim piece to get the remote lcd in a decent place. Another thing about the full size HD players like neo and Denison is good luck getting them into your dash because most dashes are much to shallow to accomodate the length so I have to say the alternative really isn't any better.

Also although the pullout concept is old, I don't agree that it's outdated being that it's still possibly the best option for theft protection on the planet.