Here is some food for thought for everyone who has experienced the hard drive not found message.

I live in Houston, Texas. Cold weather is usually not a real issue for us. I have never had any problems with my Empeg (MkIIa 60GB both are Fujitsu drives). I am currently on vacation. I loaded up the family into the caddy and we drove to Toronto to visit some friends. The player was fine all the way up. It is the ONLY way to take an extended trip in the car.

Once in Toronto I have noticed some strange things however. Monday it was actually snowing here. We went to the CN tower and knocked around the area for a while. The player was in my wife's purse tucked into the bottom of the baby stroller. We were out and about for around 4 hours. When I put the player back into the car and tried to use it I saw for the first time, the infamous hard drive not found error. After a few cycles of taking it out and putting it back in the player finally booted.

Tuesday we went to Nigara Falls for the whole day. It was a nice day but was still colder than home. When we got back into the car and put the player in it's place we got the same message. I have tried several times but to no avail. The player does not want to boot. I will try again tomorrow after making sure the player is good and warm.

The point of the story is that the player always worked fine at home in the warm weather. In the cold weather it has been a little flaky. I hope I can get it stabilized as I can't imagine driving without it.

PS. It is running 2.0 Beta11 and Hijack258