The thing is, I think that training DID have people prepared. I saw a lot of references to Payne Stewart's Learjet -- in 1999, his aircraft diverted from its flight plan and wasn't responding to radio. The FAA notified the military within 4 minutes, and it was promptly met by fighter jets. (It didn't pose any danger and was followed until it crashed some four hours later.) Regardless of what Bush may or may not have known, there are some very big unanswered questions about why the planes were not met in the air, particularly in the case of the Pentagon crash. Also, remember that there is a big difference between interception and "shooting down" -- the standard procedure is to intercept a plane; that is, meet it and try to divert it. Visual observation of who's in control. That sort of thing. It wasn't done.

I also think that while using a hijacked plane as a weapon might be new to you or I, it wasn't at all new to people in intelligence and defense.

Add this to the Israeli telecommunications spy ring -- which is most definitely NOT a "conspiracy theory", there's lots of documentation and hundreds of deported Israelis -- and it really does get suspicious. Odigo being evacuated two hours before? [ Fox News: http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:qEvuSiNA3mgC:www.firefox.1accesshost.com/cameron.html ]

Regarding the aliens, are you really telling me that you don't believe in anything even remotely conspiratorial, and that only mainstream media has the truth? I mean, sure, there a lot of crazies out there, but there are also a lot of plausible scenarios. And if you've ever read anything about the intelligence industry, you would know that none of this is even remotely far-fetched. It's creepy stuff.

Alex