Yes, but didn't one of the empeg guys (Toby I think), mention/hint recently in a General thread that having Aux Input available would be useful in the future for a new application that may or may not be around?

[Cross-fading/mixing the Aux input with a track being played on the player is my bet, but what do I know about these things].

(for more info - and/or to make your own judgement - do a search for a thread named "Aux Info Mode" and read on, look for the comments from prolux (aka Toby)).

In which case the only - strike that - easiest way to get Aux-In to a empeg is via a sled, which indicates a home docking station is needed/useful - which requires a sled.

I have a docking station I built using a spare sled, and its rocks.

So I suggest any folks who are dithering on the sled department get one now before its too late.

Hmm, you may think that $600 for a 20GB unit is expensive and $400 for a tuner is OTT, well wait until the sleds are no more and everyone wants one for their empeg to use at home as well as in the car with the new killer appTM application/feature.

Edited by number6 (30/04/2002 23:15)