I've read the FAQ and didn't see these issues brought up. If they were covered, please forgive me. I just paid $400 to have an amp, a head unit, a RioCar and 2 sets of speakers installed. The Rio is connected to the headunit's AUX input. However I cannot put the Rio at 0 dB because it results in terrible distortion. Because the signal first runs through the headunit, I don't believe that adjusting the gains on the amp will help. Having spent $400 on the labor, I would rather not fiddle with the gain settings on the amps at this point, especially when reasoning suggests that it wouldn't help anyway. Could it be that I am overdriving the inputs on the headunit (an Eclipse CD8051) when I turn up the level on the Rio? I couldn't find any specs on the input section of the headunit to verify. As it stands now, I can only go up to about -9.5 dB without distortion. Did my installers scew up some how?

Second question. I'm pretty sure the installers are at fault here. I noticed that the channels are reversed when playing from the Rio. It's fine through the CD player on the headunit. Is there a provision to reverse the channels in software on the Rio? By reversed, I mean right comes out of left and left out of right. I haven't come across this in the FAQ, on the BBS, or through my admittedly brief experience with the player.

Stu