I'll be out of town starting in a few minutes until tuesday, so this doesn't really matter, but thought I'd let you know what was going on with the latest hijack version, even though I might not be able to give you enough information to fix it until tuesday. First of all, in most cases, unbinding a program from the list works fine. For example, if I run a program that binds itself to the menu, then send it a SIGINT, it will close itself and be removed from the menu. Thanks a lot for implementing this for me! I am, however, still having two other problems.

The first is that I'd hoped that there'd be a way to change the menus during the runtime of a program, but its not working for me. This would work something like: make a WAIT_MENU ioctl call with a given array of strings (menu), get the menu index, process it, make a new ioctl call with an updated array and have a new menu. Unfortunantly, right now it seems to leave old items from the first call there the second time. On tuesday, I can send you a short bit of source code that shows this, I think.

I only think I can, because I've been getting crazy other weirdness recently as well. I think it might be the bug you mentioned, but it could be an altogether new one. I don't know what I've changed to cause this, but now when I call the hijack WAIT_MENU ioctl (I've isolated it down to that line of code) the screen goes black and the player exits. (I can still 'q' from the serial port and drop to shell) And my program is still running after i get back into shell. Go figure. Maybe I've somehow corrupted the array of strings, I don't know. I really haven't had time to check it out. But I'll get back with more info in a few days, just wanted to lets you know some issues that were going on.

Thanks again for your help.

John