"Not if the invoice for the $100K upgrade is paid in full for the next year..."

Yeah, unless you are working for a military contract. My new job is working on a contract for software used by all branches of the military, each who wants a different feature set. The funniest part is, there is one department paying for the contract, one deciding what it’s supposed to do, and another who actually uses it! This means the requirements are set without a ground in reality (not based on price or usability), and come from at least five simultaneous directions at once. To top it all off, when I started this job a month and a half ago the former programmers had implemented the different functionality for each service with out any type of OOP and finally had to make different code streams. Needless to say I have straightened THAT out. . . Anyway, they make these ludicrous demands and we pretty much have to just follow along because we are under "contract". I would be furious at the whole process if it wasn't so funny all the time.