Hi Guys,

after being a more than happy owner of the Empeg, I just upgraded from HiJack 2.65 to 2.75 and experienced the following mysterious thing while being on the road for 8 hours and having my Empeg with me:

The Visual I usually have jumps to the "Now & Next" sometimes, usually at the start of a track or a start of a new album.

Sometimes the player reboots without reason, and continues where it left off. Electrical problems can be ruled out, I already checked on that.

I had the screen saver set up, so I thought that might be the reason. I disabled the Screen Saver, but it came back. Not as often as with the Saver enabled, but once or twice.

Is there any HiJack log or Player log I can post here that helps? Sorry for my ignorant question, I am in IT for quite some time and also develop software. But I never took the time to really dig through that nice little piece of electronics and software.

Thanks.
Mike.

P.S.: I was at Best Buy once and saw that Sony brought out a unit with CD Player, Radio and Harddisk installed. They claim to store 165h of MP3-Music on that unit and that you can rip the MP'3s from its internal CD-Drive. The price tag for it is around 1500 Bucks US.

Anyhow, this thing can never be as flexible as what we have in hands already.