Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#107571 - 26/07/2002 12:16 Button Re-Mapping: Help
jets
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, Canada
any help would be great, super, and fabulous. well, where do i begin? here are the things i would like to change in the config.ini and to what:

1) the knob - i've disabled the volume controls and frozen it at 0db. using the following entry, i could turn the knob left and switch between all info modes while turning it right would switch between visual modes:

[ir_translate]
0000000B=8020DF14 ; left knob turn is info button
0000000A=8020DF15 ; right knob is visual button

problem is, when i get into menus the left and right turns don't control the menu anymore but still switch info/visuals in the backround. i know i have to use a modifyer like .N but when i add it to the end of the string (right side of=) it doesn't change anything.

the quick knob press has been redefined as PopUp0 and now displays "Shuffle,Mark,Swap,Repeat,Detail,KnobSeek" just how i wanted it. the faq states "You can define up to 4 PopUps by numbering them: PopUp0, PopUp1, PopUp2, and PopUp3 - Menus can be nested." what does nested mean? does this mean i can make PopUp1 show up in PopUp0's menu? How can this be done?

2) how do i 'hush' the sound by a long press of the botton button on the face? i want this to happen only when im NOT in menus; i find that the string below just brings up hijacks menu...what modifyers should be used?

[ir_translate]
Bottom.L=Menu

3) is there any way to remove certain items from being displayed in the main menu (not hijack menu)? i'd like to remove 'source' since i will be using this rio only as an mp3 player.

4) when adding to the ini file, all that is needed is one [hijack] and [ir_translate] heading with the listed commands below each respectivley right?

thanks!

#107572 - 26/07/2002 14:32 Re: Button Re-Mapping: Help [Re: jets]
jets
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, Canada
i figured it out after many-a-reboot:

[hijack]
PopUp0=FastMenu
[ir_translate]
PopUp0=Shuffle,Mark,Swap,Repeat,Detail,KnobSeek
Bottom.L=Hush.N,Bottom.LU
KnobLeft=Info.N,KnobLeft.U