Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#109207 - 03/08/2002 04:57 Movie discussion sites
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Does anyone know of a BBS-type environment where people can talk about movies? I'm sure that most of you don't want to continue listening to me gripe (see my earlier thread about Minority Report for examples), and I don't want to continue avoiding spoilers. At the same time, all the ones I've found are filled with people who, to not mince words, don't know what they're talking about.

I'm looking for some place that either has a small constituency or a strong moderation policy, so that real discussions can take place. If one doesn't exist, I'm thinking about doing it myself.

#109208 - 03/08/2002 11:33 Re: Movie discussion sites [Re: wfaulk]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
I 've not heard of any. Perhaps there's a .moderated usenet group for it? All the movie discussion I typically partake in comes across through a mailing list specifically for people in the 3D industry (games, research, visual effects, etc), so most of the most of the conversation is FX related. We did get into an argument over the MR flailing arm GUI, though. There were a number of us who's first impression on seeing it was "overbudget Inferno* demo reel".

*Inferno is the most expensive compositing application one can purchase, due to it requiring the purchase of, at minimum, a 4 processor Onyx2 from SGI to run it on.