Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#109219 - 03/08/2002 11:47 Debugging, and losing the display
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Hi all,

There's a SEGV error somewhere in the app I'm writing. When that happens, since the app has already grabbed control of the display, the display freezes with whatever was displayed when the app died. My current method of kickstarting the display is to drop into the shell by serial connection, and exit (since that forces the player to go through the init cycle). Is there an easier way to get my display back? Is this something that hijack could detect and fix -- if an application dies of a SEGV, grab the display back and update it?

Second, when I connect gdb to a running process that has bound to the hijack menu, the menu item disappears. Any ideas on why?

Thanks,

#109220 - 03/08/2002 12:07 Re: Debugging, and losing the display [Re: canuckInOR]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Is there an easier way to get my display back?

I managed to answer this question. I changed the location of where I bind the buttons to a spot after the SEGV occurs. Now I can simply toggle the standby mode. Edit: Of course, now that I fixed the first, I've discovered a second that's in a spot I can't move the button binding after, so I'm back where I started...

Is this something that hijack could detect and fix -- if an application dies of a SEGV, grab the display back and update it?

It would also need to wrest control of the buttons back...

Cheers,

Edited by canuckInLA (03/08/2002 12:32)