Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#110631 - 12/08/2002 12:32 jemplode - soup mirror 'problems'
sancho
journeyman

copied my 'artists' soup

mirror pasted

attempted renaming the new 'artists' mirror to '[artists - soup]' to better differentiate it from another playlist... and so it would come where i wanted it in playlist order...

jemplode renamed it, but on sync i found i now had two mirror playlists - 'artists' and 'artists - soup'

tried to delete 'artists', but it kept returning on sync...

so i deleted both

everything appeared fine...

fired up emplode to upload a bunch of files (didn't feel like fixing all the comment tags)..

emplode now shows a playlist for every artist on my empeg (a bit over 2000 of them), though neither jemplode nor the player does...

on top of that: i'm having a problem with emplode deleting these playlists... i can only get rid of them in batches of about 30... any more than that and my sync 'crashes'...
--
sancho

#110632 - 12/08/2002 13:38 Re: jemplode - soup mirror 'problems' [Re: sancho]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
FITNR .. Can't comment on the Emplode problem.

#110633 - 12/08/2002 14:12 Re: jemplode - soup mirror 'problems' [Re: mschrag]
sancho
journeyman

got a street date on 'tnr'?
--
sancho

#110634 - 12/08/2002 14:26 Re: jemplode - soup mirror 'problems' [Re: sancho]
mschrag
pooh-bah

dare I say "when it's done"? I've been making pretty solid progress ... The core features are in. I'm rewriting soups now (so you can actually create a soup playlist on the Empeg rather than that weird mirroring thing). After I finish on-Empeg soups, I need to do off-Empeg soups (the old-school soups -- in memory in jEmplode), hookup Search and Download and put dmz's tag updater on download. I think everything else is already in...

I ended up removing a couple things (that may go back in later). Empeg Clone is gone for right now since the rsync/ftp method seems to be the faster/more reliable way. "Toggle Color" is replaced with "Toggle Marked" which actually sets the marked flag of a node. And right now, "dirty" and "marked" don't colorize back up the tree for performance reasons.... but I may make that an option. The emptool console is gone (I don't know if anyone knew that even existed in the first place).

The biggest new features will be the on-Empeg soups and tag rewriting in download (thanks to dmz). There are bunch of other miscellaneous changes/fixes/etc. The next release will probably default to the system look-and-feel on all platforms rather than Metal, for one (I did a little tweaking to the Windows one to make it look a little more natural). Uploads show total progress now too (rather than that insane flickering of showing per-directory progress). Not to mention almost all the internals of jEmplode (not protocol-level) were rewritten.

Bear with me. jEmplode is totally an after-hours labor of love. I know that the recent versions have been really hokey and you guys probably want that fixed ... I'm trying to crank it out as fast as I can.

Mike

#110635 - 12/08/2002 21:27 Re: jemplode - soup mirror 'problems' [Re: mschrag]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
"Toggle Color" is replaced with "Toggle Marked" which actually sets the marked flag of a node.

Yuck, so we can't see a tree that a searchresult resides in? Yuck.

#110636 - 13/08/2002 08:22 Re: jemplode - soup mirror 'problems' [Re: mschrag]
Squawkt22
journeyman

Loc: MA
Not to be pushy at all, but any idea of an ETA? Im about to depart on a long road trip and it would be great if those soup views would work. Any idea if it will be ready by the weekend?

#110637 - 13/08/2002 08:29 Re: jemplode - soup mirror 'problems' [Re: Squawkt22]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Maybe by the end of this weekend, but not before ... Sorry.

#110638 - 13/08/2002 12:17 Re: jemplode - soup mirror 'problems' [Re: mschrag]
Squawkt22
journeyman

Loc: MA
Cool. No rush, just wondering. Thanks for the response though.

#110639 - 13/08/2002 12:41 Re: jemplode - soup mirror 'problems' [Re: tfabris]
mschrag
pooh-bah

"toggle marked" turns it blue just like toggle color did except now it actually sets the marked flag on the tunes... I may change my mind about this one, though. We'll see

#110640 - 14/08/2002 09:23 Re: jemplode - soup mirror 'problems' [Re: mschrag]
tms13
old hand

Loc: Lochcarron and Edinburgh
I'd prefer the current Toggle Colour function over on that also toggled the marked flag. The reason being that I sometimes want to find what playlists an item is in (the propogation up the tree is essential for this - please consider re-adding this, even if it needs a user action to compute it), and it would be confusing if the other marked tracks got in the way. And I don't want to have to clear marks for this. If I want marked tracks to be coloured, it's dead easy to search for marked tracks, select them, and colour them.

One thing that would be nice would be to distinguish playlists that are coloured from those that merely inherit a colour from one or more children. Bold text, perhaps?

And another colour (purple?) for nodes that are both marked and modified.

Anyway, don't let any of this slow down the release we're all waiting for. They're just tweaks that can wait for a subsequent version. I'm really looking forward to a new JEmplode so that I can share my playlist stylesheet.

#110641 - 14/08/2002 09:54 Re: jemplode - soup mirror 'problems' [Re: tms13]
mschrag
pooh-bah

I forgot to list your new XML format in the "new features list ... Sorry about that.