Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#110952 - 15/08/2002 00:11 empeg doesn't power up anymore...
LiFTeD2X
new poster

hello,

after a month of having my empeg installed. this morning it just dies on me while driving to work. i didn't hit any large speed bumps or anything like that and the volume was low... i check the 3a in-line fuse on the ignition wire during lunch time and it was blowned. so i went to get a replacement fuses. after work, i replace it, and it turn on then off right away. i check again, and it surely was blown again.

so i went over to my friend's to get some help on diagnosing the problem. we open up my dash to get at the back of the empeg. all the necessarily power wires were check for loose ends, any wire contacts with sled, etc. we found nothing. so we check the docking sled connector. it seem to have the orange and blue wire popping out of the gold contacts... i am not sure if it comes in contact with the sled ground.

so i check this board, and faq. and come up with conclusion that it might be the docking sled connector. i have 2 empegs, and the 1st one had the blue ignition wire loose which didn't power up my amplifiers. now this one was working for a month and suddenly given up on me.

am i on the right track? are there problems with these docking plugs?

the empeg works on a/c power.
the empeg works on my friend's empeg 12gb sled in his car.

previously, it work on my car. now it doesn't.
previously, my other unit (ordered at the same time) had blue remote amp wire loose...

s/n: 10101320

thanks in advance.

#110953 - 15/08/2002 04:26 Re: empeg doesn't power up anymore... [Re: LiFTeD2X]
F0X

Loc: Alberta, Canada
You said that you already went through the FAQ, but then you also asked if there was known problems with the connectors. Just in case you missed it, here is a link to some information that may interest you.

#110954 - 15/08/2002 08:19 Re: empeg doesn't power up anymore... [Re: F0X]
LiFTeD2X
new poster

thanks. i read that. i was wondering if thats the cause for the fuses to blow up when power on...

#110955 - 15/08/2002 11:55 Re: empeg doesn't power up anymore... [Re: LiFTeD2X]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
If the orange wire came in contact with another wire such as the blue one or with a ground, then that would explain why the fuse was blowing.

Check all of the wires carefully and repair them as necessary. Or ask for another docking connector from support.