Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#114387 - 03/09/2002 04:08 Displays songs full path
mpcheese
new poster

Just thought that wouldn't it be a good idea if you could display the full directory/playlist path of a tune you where currently playing.

Many times I have wanted to find out the exact location of a tune in my palylists, say when the whole player is on random. When holding down info to scroll track information it gives me the title, artist and album details e.t.c but no path.
If the ID tag information is a tad non existent as are quite a lot of my tunes then deciphering where this track is located would sometimes prove impossible.
Even with all the tag information complete the path info would still be a handy addition.

Any comments/agree/disagree?

#114388 - 03/09/2002 05:44 Re: Displays songs full path [Re: mpcheese]
tms13
old hand

Loc: Lochcarron and Edinburgh
As you know, tunes may be in many playlists, so you'd have to display them all...

One thing you could do is remember the artist and title, or mark the track, then later go into JEmplode and toggle its colour, which would identify the playlist(s) it's in. You could even search for playlists containing marked tracks.

#114389 - 03/09/2002 06:43 Re: Displays songs full path [Re: tms13]
mpcheese
new poster

True, True.

As I forgot, your right about tunes being contained in more than one play list but we could still show which playlist and its path from the root of the playlist structure the current playing tune is from.

I just hate it when I hear a great tune and then go to find out what album e.t.c. It’s from and all I get for it's info is "track xx"

Even if all the ID info is there and displayed you still have to make a calculated judgment on where that tune resides buried in your playlists to play it some other time. Unless of course every album/unattached tune is organised so brilliently that you can do this without a thought. This may work the majority of times. maybe maybe not!?!

The idea of marking tracks left right and center all the time. Seems a bit messy and not an instantaneous solution.

Does neone else feel this would be a usfull feature to have, or am I on my own hear?

#114390 - 03/09/2002 06:49 Re: Displays songs full path [Re: mpcheese]
tms13
old hand

Loc: Lochcarron and Edinburgh
Sorry if I sounded like I was pissing on your idea - I was just pointing out that it's not as easy as it appears. I think this has been requested before, so you're not alone in wanting it. I just didn't want you to get your hopes too high...

#114391 - 03/09/2002 06:55 Re: Displays songs full path [Re: mpcheese]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Does neone else feel this would be a usfull feature to have, or am I on my own hear?

It's certainly useful. It's just a bit hard to do

Peter

#114392 - 03/09/2002 07:39 Re: Displays songs full path [Re: tms13]
mpcheese
new poster

No, I'm sorry! I'm not a programmie sort of person and don't undersatnd how the palyer would get information like this.

1 thing I'd like to add is. when you sellect a tune or playlist burried somewhere in your 1000's of other tunes, there is a feature that I do find most usefull. Go to the root of the menu where it says 'playlists' hold down the menu button and it takes you to the playlist level you origonaly selected.

Now as stated at the start of this post, I DONT KNOW ABOUT THESE THINGS, some how this must have some sort of referncing to do this and/or resolution method to go through to the playlist/songs path. Can this not be reversed and then displayed in enable the feature.

I'm not even sure if I'm making sence to my self, Just tell me where to go if I'm asking the world! I did say it was a wish, n none of mine have come true yet !

#114393 - 03/09/2002 22:18 Re: Displays songs full path [Re: mpcheese]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

I just hate it when I hear a great tune and then go to find out what album e.t.c. It?s from and all I get for it's info is "track xx"

Have you tried cycling through the Info modes? The "Track" mode will tell you Artist and Source (album), as well as track name. If that's not enough, try hitting the details button. That will also tell you genre, year, number of plays, filesize, Codec, format, bitrate and ID3 comment.