Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#11770 - 24/07/2000 15:44 Burn saver
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Since falling in love with the Now and Next display and leaving it up 100 percent of the time, I'm starting to get some very faint phosphor burn in the lower right corner where the numeric data goes. Weren't you going to have that stuff shift around a bit?

#11771 - 24/07/2000 16:11 Re: Burn saver [Re: tfabris]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I wouldn't worry too much about burn-in. Even drastic burn-in on the VFD has little effect to the image when the display is running (although it can be quite visible with the display switched off).

We have an early Mk.1 in a display cabinet which has been switched on with nothing but the empeg logo on the screen for a large proportion of the last 12 months. I guess it's about time to invert the display in software and leave it running for another year to even out the phospher burn!

Rob

#11772 - 24/07/2000 16:22 Re: Burn saver [Re: rob]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Even drastic burn-in on the VFD has little effect to the image when the display is running

Yeah, you're right. it's not a big deal. But some of the large-flat-color visuals such as Grampian, Hercynian, and Caledonian are now showing some minor inconsistencies in the lower-right corner of the screen on my unit. Not enough to really notice unless you're specifically looking for it...