Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#119330 - 04/10/2002 01:09 Furthernet
acurasquirrel_
enthusiast

This P2P filesharing program was just pointed out to me by a friend. Before you guys go off on me about how bad filesharing is, this program is for live recording of jam bands like Phish and such and allows you to download whole concerts at once. Most are only encoded at 128 which sux but some can be found at higher qualities. So if you are in to jam bands you might want to check it out.

#119331 - 04/10/2002 05:40 Re: Furthernet [Re: acurasquirrel_]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I was using that program last year. Some points I would add would be:

1) the majority of the "live" stuff is encoded in SHN format. higher quality but still very large. have a broadband connection.

2) you have to download the winamp plugin to play SHN files (although I'm sure there are dedicated programs)

3) just because it's live doesn't mean it's legal. what the program creators were saying was that they only shared live material by artists who say it's okay. However, I've still seen a lot of Dave Matthews on there. I've also seen a lot of non-live stuf on there.

Personally, I stopped using it. the program it's self isn't very good, and the stuff you really want almost never downloads.