Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#12105 - 27/07/2000 05:39 New front panel
Geoff
enthusiast

Loc: Northern Ireland
I just got the replacement front panel for my Mk2 yesterday. I would just like to thank Rob and the guys at empeg. The new panel and rotary knob fit perfectly and no longer rub together every revolution, the new panel is considerably brighter than the original, although I must admit I did a double-take when I first saw it - the blue is now (as mentioned in one of Rob's posts) closer to cyan, and I spent a couple of minutes wondering if I'd got a green panel by mistake

The only thing worrying me slightly is that I had to loosen two of the hex bolts a bit more than I would have liked to prevent a couple of the buttons from sticking (this was mentioned in the instructions provided, which were so clear and detailed, the fascia practically replaced itself ) I am guessing that when I removed the bolts, they seemed tighter due to the 'glue' used to lock them in place (what is that stuff called? It might be an idea to get some) My worry is that when I get it in the car, the vibration may shake the bolts loose over time - one of the bolts at the back of the Mk1 on either side of the DB9 connector has come loose at some point, and I imagine it has fallen down behind my dashboard somewhere. Are these bolts held in any tighter on the Mk2?

Anyway, once again, thanks for the great service Rob.

Geoff
---- -------
Got one of the first Mark 2 empegs...
Mk2 Red - was 12GB, now 60GB

#12106 - 27/07/2000 05:43 Re: New front panel [Re: Geoff]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
The bolts shouldn't come loose - the threadlock compound will still be quite effective when they are refitted. None of our prototype players have threadlock, and even they haven't come loose.

Rob

#12107 - 27/07/2000 05:51 Re: New front panel [Re: rob]
Geoff
enthusiast

Loc: Northern Ireland
Thanks Rob, not that the bolts are really loose or anything, I just seem to like finding things to worry about, probably why my hair has been turning grey since I was about 19
I'd making a list of 'Things Not To Worry About' except I'd only worry about how long the list was getting!

Geoff
---- -------
Got one of the first Mark 2 empegs...
Mk2 Red - was 12GB, now 60GB

#12108 - 01/08/2000 17:49 Re: New front panel [Re: Geoff]
doug316
journeyman

I'm a bit disappointed in the color too, everything used to match nicely in blue. You could only call it "blue" as far as the background, the characters are definitly coming in cyan. The good news is it's much brighter and in the sun I can actually read the display. Oh well.

Another negative note, I was very careful when I unpacked mine, and someones palm print was all over *both sides* of mine, even *under* the adhesive plastic when I took it off. This I don't get. I managed to wipe it off but it's not perfect.