Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#1211 - 16/01/2000 20:29 I want an EMPEG!
Mystkrh
new poster

Anyone selling an Empeg unit. I don't think I'm gonna be able to wait till my reg number comes up! (Estimated sometime in late Feb.) I'm willing to pay a good sum for any model as long as it works and is complete!
Email me @ [email protected]

Thanx Myst

MK2a 60gb sn#040103900 :-)

#1212 - 16/01/2000 21:15 Re: I want an EMPEG! [Re: Mystkrh]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Estimated sometime in late Feb.

Hate to break the news to you, but no one's registration number is coming up until after at least March. Your "February" date is, unfortunately, not going to happen. They're not making any More units until they begin full production on the Mark2's. But look on the bright side: March isn't that far away, and the Mark2 units will be quite awesome with the voice recognition and the improved tuner.

I'm willing to pay a good sum for any model as long as it works and is complete!

There are only a few hundred Empeg Mark1's in existence, so even if you want one, finding one for sale will be rare. I got lucky with mine- Someone who owned one needed some extra cash and sold his on Ebay. I don't know exactly why, but the bidding activity on this unit was very light. Actually, there was no bidding activity at all except for my bid. I wonder why? Perhaps it was a combination of factors: The announcement of the Mark2's, the fact that it was one week before Christmas, etc. Where were you last December when this guy needed your bid?

Anyway, I feel like the Gods favored me that week. I'm so glad I got my Empeg when I did.

-- Tony Fabris -- Empeg #144 --
Caution: Do not look into laser with remaining good eye.

#1213 - 17/01/2000 12:30 Re: I want an EMPEG! [Re: tfabris]
Mystkrh
new poster

Hi,

If I did buy an empeg off someone, would I be offered a Mark2 like it says? Or would It be offered to the original owner. Also Would I be able to reg it?

Myst

MK2a 60gb sn#040103900 :-)

#1214 - 17/01/2000 13:55 Re: I want an EMPEG! [Re: Mystkrh]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

If I did buy an empeg off someone, would I be offered a Mark2 like it says?

The Mark 2's are not on the market yet. They will be made beginning (hopefully) in late March of 2000. At that point, they hope to ramp up production enough so that there is no waiting list at all. So you would be buying it directly from Empeg, not "off someone".

Or would It be offered to the original owner. Also Would I be able to reg it?

If, before March, you happen to be lucky enough to find someone selling a Mark 1, Empeg will continue to honor the remaining terms of the warranty for the remaining period, based on the date that it was sold to the original owner. They are very nice about that. Keep in mind, however, that the warranties for the Mark 1 units will all have run out in a few months anyway and the point will be moot very shortly.

-- Tony Fabris -- Empeg #144 --
Caution: Do not look into laser with remaining good eye.