Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#121554 - 17/10/2002 11:10 Vacation Control
elvis
enthusiast

Loc: Arizona USA
You're on a week long trip. You've just discovered a few VERY cool CD's that you'd like to listen to while on the road. You've an Empeg in your car.....

I'd like an interface to directly control a bmw 6 disk changer. I'm a programmer, but don't know jack about linux. That said, I'm willing to help out in any way possible.

#121555 - 17/10/2002 11:16 Re: Vacation Control [Re: elvis]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You've just discovered a few VERY cool CD's that you'd like to listen to while on the road. You've an Empeg in your car.....

That's what the Aux-in is for. Hook up any CD player to the Aux-in.

I just recently ran the aux-ins through a hole in the back of my dash storage pocket under my player. I can now hook up a portable CD player whenever I want. Works great.

I'd like an interface to directly control a bmw 6 disk changer. I'm a programmer,

It will take more than programming, it would take a hardware circuit interface as well. Please see this FAQ entry.

#121556 - 17/10/2002 22:32 Re: Vacation Control [Re: elvis]
Shonky
pooh-bah

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
I'm not sure but I think BMW changers are made by Alpine (at least some were). Do you know if yours is? Also is it MBus or AiNet?

I have built a proto MBus changer interface and have a lot of the software protocol figured - I just need some time to finish off the empeg software to make it completely useable. I'm building harnesses for people at the moment but once that finishes, the changer control begins (will I'll begin the end considering I have half done now ).
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)

#121557 - 21/10/2002 00:08 Re: Vacation Control [Re: Shonky]
elvis
enthusiast

Loc: Arizona USA
I just went out and checked. I don't see alpine anywhere on the unit or in the super special radio operations manual, but I assume that's what it is. The manual says the connection off the back of the head unit is "I-bus".

My sterio, I've discovered is the high end one with all the speakers. I don't know if that affects the bus type.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.