Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#121949 - 19/10/2002 12:54 Blinking Led
cookie_77

So i am sitting in my car for 45 minutes last night waiting for my friends to arrive , When i notice that every 10 minutes the led on my empeg blinks once.

I could not find any info on this, anyone know if this is normal in anyway or my empeg is playing up.

Its a 30GB MK2a with Beta 13 and HiJack from july and the web interface.

I have also noticed that ftp has also stopped working.

Lastly whilst syching recently my laptop locked up and my player did the rebuilding database thing when i put it in the car i resynced and that fixed that problem.

Help...

C.

#121950 - 20/10/2002 00:01 Re: Blinking Led [Re: cookie_77]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure what you're seeing is the empeg waking up to check and see if there's anything it's supposed to do... Now, the empeg software has never had a feature that needed to take advantage of this, so there never is anything it's supposed to do, and it goes back to sleep. Are you sure it does it every ten minutes, or ten minutes after you shut the car off?

There's also a posibility that you've got hijack's blinken LED setting set to only blink once every ten minutes while it's in standby, but you'd probably know if you'd done that.

Matthew