Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#123007 - 24/10/2002 15:54 Empeg and Audi display
millhouse
new poster

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I am thinking about purchasing an Audi. For those not familiar, these cars have a driver info display in the guage cluster that shows (among other things) radio info. Is there any way, or has any one been able to, use Empeg's serial connection to integrate track info in this display? I think this would be awesome, and was wondering if anyone else out there had any ideas.

Thanks,
B

#123008 - 24/10/2002 16:08 Re: Empeg and Audi display [Re: millhouse]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Is there any way, or has any one been able to, use Empeg's serial connection to integrate track info in this display?

It could be done in theory, but no one has done it. It would require building a custom hardware interface that emulated the protocol of the existing Audi stereo. Of course, you would have to reverse-engineer the Audi protocol first. And then it would also require custom software to be written for the empeg to output the data to its serial port. This is a lot of work, and although others have expressed an interesting in having the feature, no one has gone to the trouble of actually doing the necessary work.

#123009 - 25/10/2002 21:19 Re: Empeg and Audi display [Re: millhouse]
tmmatthews
new poster

Check out http://www.tripcomp.com. They have figured it out and you could put in a request for Empeg functionality in their forum. They already have digital boost display and V1 display planned as well as a host of other features.

Unfortunately, I don't have the trip computer so it won't help me out...