Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#12614 - 07/08/2000 12:29 Re: Yahooo!!!!! It's on the way!!! [Re: debauch]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
My invitation to order arrived last night (I didn't find it until this morning...)

My Registration Number is 8741, which is the highest number I've heard about being invited so far...

Funny -- the invitation arrived one year to the day from when I first registered. I would be hard pressed to think of one other product in the world I'd wait a year for! Funnier -- the empeg will arrive at exactly the time my car (Taurus station wagon) will go into the shop for an extended period of time (probably 1--2 months) where it will be fitted with an engine out of a wrecked SHO. (!!) (Laura -- if you see some old guy in a dirt-colored station wagon (with a GREAT sounding stereo!) eyeballing your Nova at a stoplight, don't be so sure you're gonna leave him in the dust!)

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#12615 - 07/08/2000 12:54 Re: Yahooo!!!!! It's on the way!!! [Re: tanstaafl.]
Laura
pooh-bah

Loc: Greenhills, Ohio
I would be more than happy to give you a chance to see if you could beat me!! But since I don't plan to drive to Alaska anytime soon it may never happen. I do have a brother that lives up in Brevig Mission that I would like to see but I doubt I could afford the gas so I will have to fly. But if you are ever down in Ohio look for me :)

Laura

I live to launch.

MKI #017/90

whatever

#12616 - 07/08/2000 13:15 Re: Yahooo!!!!! It's on the way!!! [Re: tanstaafl.]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Congratulations, Doug!

I know you've been looking forward to the VR feature more than most of us have been, and I'm sorry that you won't be getting VR with the player right away. But look at it this way: The VR software is one more thing to look forward to.

Too bad your car will be in the shop when it arrives, but hey, you can spend some quality time with it at home and work, uploading songs and tweaking your playlists. If you have a decent home-stereo system, you could do some evaluations of various MP3 encoders. I can help set you up to use a couple of different encoders for comparison.

Give us a review after you've had it for a while, eh?

#12617 - 07/08/2000 20:46 Re: Yahooo!!!!! It's on the way!!! [Re: scoco]
scoco

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Just wanted to follow up and say that the sync went great! 10 gigs in about 5 hours over ethernet.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2