Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#131792 - 20/12/2002 20:04 MapSync
MHC
journeyman

I don't keep up on GPS technology and I don't really care to have a machine that tells me my coordinates or how close I am to a McDonalds. So this suggestion might be a little behind the times for some of you.

What I'd really like to see is a small app that could capture yahoo maps information from an open browser and reformat it for the Empeg. See this page. One row of the table could appear at a time (maybe even with the arrow graphics). Clicking the Empeg's right button would move forward and the left button would move backward.

Perhaps multiple sets of directions would be saved, using the starting point or ending point as a default name. Of course, Hijack binding is a must.

Just thought I'd throw it out in case anyone's looking to take on a project.

-Christian

#131793 - 20/12/2002 21:04 Re: MapSync [Re: MHC]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Someone did write a simple text file viewer that would be perfect for displaying lines of text like that. One of their potential applications for it was displaying a list of map directions. Or perhaps a "to do" list.

Also, you could theoretically install GPSApp and it will still display the directions in order and let you scroll through them, even if there's no actual GPS unit attached. Although that might be a little top-heavy.