Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#13707 - 11/08/2000 22:05 Can't open every file in new tune dialog
hamzy
journeyman

Loc: TX, USA
You cannot open every file in a directory at once by selecting
new tune
everything (+A)
Open.
But you can select multiple files. There is an buffer overflow somewhere.

As a wish list, it would be nice to add every file from a directory (including subdirectories).

#13708 - 11/08/2000 22:22 Re: Can't open every file in new tune dialog [Re: hamzy]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
...You can - just drag it over from a regular explorer window...
-mark

...proud to have owned one of the first Mark I units

#13709 - 12/08/2000 00:35 Re: Can't open every file in new tune dialog [Re: hamzy]
alear
enthusiast

Loc: Montana, USA, Bozeman
Thats the first thing I noticed about emplode too. However, I just copy from a folder now, seems to be easier.

Alex Lear

#13710 - 12/08/2000 08:52 Re: Can't open every file in new tune dialog [Re: dionysus]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
...You can - just drag it over from a regular explorer window...

I'm sure he knows that. He was pointing out an unrelated bug in the dialog box.

I wonder if it's Empeg's bug or if that's a limitation of the Microsoft common-control-box for File/Open?

#13711 - 12/08/2000 10:00 Re: Can't open every file in new tune dialog [Re: tfabris]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
It is and it isn't the "File --> Open" dialog box, since you can open multiple files at the same time in Word and Excel. Just hold down the CTRL key and select more. However, you're right in that you can't open subfolders. The open dialog box looks for valid FILES to open and since folders can't actually be "opened" as such, it doesn't allow it.

It'd sure be nice if it could do that, though. You can copy and paste from Explorer, though, right? In other words, I can copy a folder named "MP3's" containing all my subfolders with the MP3's in them and then paste them into Emplode, right?

(How come the spell checker just told me that "It'd" is not a word? Last time I was in school, that was a valid contraction for "it would"... when did that change? )

George

#13712 - 12/08/2000 11:00 Re: Can't open every file in new tune dialog [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You can copy and paste from Explorer, though, right? In other words, I can copy a folder named "MP3's" containing all my subfolders with the MP3's in them and then paste them into Emplode, right?

Simpler than that, even. Just drag the folder from explorer and drop it onto Emplode.

How come the spell checker just told me that "It'd" is not a word?

Because the spell checker on this BBS sucks.

My favorite one is that it wants to change "playlists" to "playmates". But then it gives no indication on exactly how to go about changing playlists into Playmates. Too bad, I could really use a couple of them right about now.