Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#139881 - 04/02/2003 07:50 Advertising Works
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I just got another Snickers out of the vending machine, and the reason is that I’m hungry and it’s far from lunchtime yet. I’m so ashamed because I know the only reason I did it was because of those commercials (Snickers really satisfies). I never get Snickers at other times (I prefer other types of candy) but when I’m hungry and have a long time to go, it’s Snickers every time. I realize the nuts in the bar are what does the trick, but there are several other things in the vending machine with nuts. Ugh, I hate the fact that I can be controlled by television like this.

#139882 - 04/02/2003 08:35 Re: Advertising Works [Re: JeffS]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
In a rare case of truth in advertising, Snickers bars really do seem to be filling. I guess that you get the big sugar rush from the chocolate and caramel and nougat, but then you have that fat and protein from the peanuts to back it up. No other candy bar really does seem quite as filling as a Snickers, but even if one did, it's still true that a Snickers is quite filling on its own.

#139883 - 04/02/2003 11:14 Re: Advertising Works [Re: wfaulk]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
No other candy bar really does seem quite as filling as a Snickers, but even if one did, it's still true that a Snickers is quite filling on its own.

I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine
by itself, huh?