Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#166912 - 22/06/2003 19:48 All my songs repeat!?!
kingtj
new poster

Loc: St. Louis, MO (USA)
This may be a question with a simple/dumb answer, but for some reason - I'm completely puzzled.

My Rio MP3 Car player just recently started playing every song twice in a row. The playlist itself appears to be ok. (No errors using Rio Emplode or anything like that.) I always have to press the right arrow button to skip to the next song in my playlist manually though.

Is there some option I'm overlooking that I accidently enabled, or is something corrupted on the player's drive?

#166913 - 23/06/2003 00:10 Re: All my songs repeat!?! [Re: kingtj]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Do they just repeat once or do they repeat untill you press fast forward? On the track info, are there any status icons/letters down in the right hand corner?

Matthew

Edited by matthew_k (23/06/2003 00:10)

#166914 - 23/06/2003 05:04 Re: All my songs repeat!?! [Re: kingtj]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Is there a tiny little letter "R" on the INFO->TRACK display, down on the bottom line?

#166915 - 23/06/2003 07:23 Re: All my songs repeat!?! [Re: kingtj]
sn00p
addict

Loc: South London
i've seen this once before, despite empegs insistance that the playlist random stuff is 100% correct i'm sure there's a problem somewhere, I had this when I'd randomised a playlist (my entire collection which contains only full albums and each album only once) and I had the usual bizareness of tracks from the same albums being very close in proximity to each other - but I also came across say a block of 10 tracks which were duplicated (from different albums - different arists), so like ABCDDEEFFGGHIJKKLLMMNN etc..

...I rerandomized and it went away...

Adrian

#166916 - 23/06/2003 12:59 Re: All my songs repeat!?! [Re: kingtj]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I always have to press the right arrow button to skip to the next song in my playlist manually though.
As others have said, it sounds like you have "Repeat this track" turned on.

What others didn't say is how to fix it.

From the main menu select "Repeat", and then select the desired option.

You probably accidentally turned it on by pressing the number 7 key on the remote control. So that is another way to fix it. Cycle through the repeat options by pressing 7.

#166917 - 23/06/2003 13:57 Re: All my songs repeat!?! [Re: sn00p]
sn00p
addict

Loc: South London
..actually..thinking about what my actual problem was that I played my root level playlist in shuffle mode and I ended up with the following:

assume each letter represents a track from a particular album.

...AABBCCDDEEFFGHIJKKLLMMOP....

This was when I first noticed something funny with the shuffle - but as I said in my previous post, it only ever happened once and disappeared after a reshuffle - i'd be very suprised if this was actually a conincidence because of the number of occurances of this in the playlist....

Adrian

#166918 - 23/06/2003 15:36 Re: All my songs repeat!?! [Re: sn00p]
kingtj
new poster

Loc: St. Louis, MO (USA)
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll take a look here in a few minutes, and see if I can get it turned back off from the "Repeat" option off the menu.

I know I didn't accidently press 7 on my remote, because my remote stopped working a while back. I tried a fresh battery, as well as the FAQ suggestion to bend the little metal prong inside it upwards a bit (to make better contact with the battery). Still nothing. I have a Sony camcorder with "nightshot" - so I tried using it to see if the remote was sending a signal. Looks like it isn't.

That brings up something else though. How can I get one of these remotes replaced? Does Kenwood sell their remote seperately that works with the Rio? (Mine is a ERC-1A Rio remote.)

#166919 - 24/06/2003 00:51 Re: All my songs repeat!?! [Re: kingtj]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
Sony and awia remotes seem to be in the right signal range for the empeg but if you are only wanting basic functions then go for the pioneer steering wheel remote it is perfect with the empeg just need to use the Hijack program to get it working but that is very simple