Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#168019 - 27/06/2003 11:33 Maildrop and Procmail, can they live togther?
drakino
carpal tunnel

I currently have Postfix set up to do mail delivery to /var/spool/mail in mbox format, unless the user has a.procmail file. Then Procmail is run, and typicially delivers mail to a Maildir format. Reason being, this allows a user to change between POP and IMAP based mail easially. Maildir is used by Courier IMAP, while the local POP server deals with the mbox users.

So far, it has worked decently.

But now, I am looking to implement maildrop to also gain an easy to use web interface for server side filtering for IMAP users. (Unless someone can show me a nice web interface for procmail). So, is there a way I could have maildrop live nicely in this enviornment? I have never worked with maildrop, but I am thinking the easiet way would be to install it, then any user who wants to use it would have the procmail file call maildrop instead. It shouldn't be a huge system resource problem, because this will only be used by about 10 people max.

#168020 - 27/06/2003 11:37 Re: Maildrop and Procmail, can they live togther? [Re: drakino]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
First, I'm not familiar with Courier, but most IMAP servers also have POP servers. There are legitimate reasons you might not want to go that route (assuming that Courier has that feature), but I just wanted to make sure it occurred to you.

Second, I'm also not familiar with maildrop, but Postfix has a filter feature that might work for you. Read README_FILES/FILTER_README in the Postfix source distribution.

#168021 - 27/06/2003 12:58 Re: Maildrop and Procmail, can they live togther? [Re: drakino]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Nevermind, the web interface for maildrop is rather, well, in need of improvement. So for now, I have no real need tor maildrop, though I am still looking for a decent web based front end for procmail.

#168022 - 27/06/2003 13:42 Re: Maildrop and Procmail, can they live togther? [Re: drakino]
ricin
veteran

Loc: US: CA
Have you checked out SquirrelMail? I have it in place on one of my servers working with IMAP, and I'm quite happy with it. I also use NeoMail on a few servers which use mbox. All of which have procmail in there somewhere.

Hope that helps some.
ricin.us