Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#174386 - 09/08/2003 02:37 Rio Riot Problems - Help Please
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
I am on the verge of throwing my Riot in the Bin !!!

At first I thought the charger was dead, relaced it, still doesn't charge. It does detect a voltage input (sometimes).

I get a screen on bootup telling my the battery is almost flat and I need to plug in the wall charger, I do this, press select as requested, the unit reboots and we go around in a big circle.

Very annoying. Sometimes the charge icon flashes in the background, but mostly not. I have tried flashing it, but it fails.

Any ideas at all ??? I really want to get it working for the end of the week.

Cheers

Cris.

#174387 - 09/08/2003 06:24 Re: Rio Riot Problems - Help Please [Re: Cris]
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland
I had this happen to mine also. I'm going by memory since a buddy currently has it but the battery needs to be reset. Leave it on until it finally dies. It took mine a day and a half or so to fully discharrge since it wouldn't boot up but when it finally completely died I plugged it in and it booted up, I then told it to recallibrate and it's been working fine ever since.

#174388 - 09/08/2003 07:38 Re: Rio Riot Problems - Help Please [Re: Cris]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Once the RioRiot has been upgraded, it is important to recalibrate the battery. To do this:

1. Use the RioRiot until it displays a message that reads, "Battery is almost empty!
Connect the wall charger to continue."
2. Leave the RioRiot turned on, and plug it into the charger.
3. After a 6 to 7 hour charge the RioRiot will then need to be used until "low" appears
where the battery bar is. At this point the player will be calibrated and ready for regular use.

**Note** If you ever use the RioRiot to the point that the battery is completely drained (i.e. the
player will not power on) you will need to recalibrate the player. Plug the player into the charger,
turn the player on, and let it charge for 6 to 7 hours. **Note**

Matt