Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#174844 - 16/08/2003 02:38 Re: Delicate threatening letter [Re: tanstaafl.]
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
That's a good story! Chances are he's got more problems to worry about than his eBay feedback or tarnishing your eBay image. Go for it, you can always rebutt his negative feedback and even set up a webpage with the emails of the transaction if you're concerned about what others may think of a negative feedback on you. Honest and legittimate eBayers are understanding of these situations most of the time.
I guess profanity does help out sometimes, Well shit, that's great!

#174845 - 16/08/2003 04:29 Re: Delicate threatening letter [Re: tanstaafl.]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

I am sorry you are out the transaction, but that was certainly worth the ride. I would go ahead and leave the feedback. While I understand your situation about feedback wars, I doubt his account will mean much now. Plus, he can only leave you feedback for the one transaction you made, and you can comment on any feedback he leaves you. Go for it!

#174846 - 16/08/2003 04:52 Re: Delicate threatening letter [Re: tanstaafl.]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
HA! One of the lessons I learned early in life from my father was not to use cursing in angry letters, as it is less likely to get the desired response. So like others here I was going to chime in about that paragraph in your letter, but I realized you'd already sent it so there was really nothing to be done. It's too funny that the only reason your letter got noticed was because of the language you used! I suppose that just goes to show you what we we know . . . and I guess father's aren't always right, either!

#174847 - 16/08/2003 05:03 Re: Delicate threatening letter [Re: tanstaafl.]
pca
old hand

Loc: UK
You can only leave feedback for a certain amount of time after the transaction. I think it's 90 days. In a case like this, you wait until just before the period elapses, then flame him toasty. He can't respond after the time-out.

pca

#174848 - 16/08/2003 12:49 Re: Delicate threatening letter [Re: pca]
DLF
addict

Loc: Colorado, N.A.
So if I may be so bold as to combine Tony's last item with your suggestion:
- therefore fear of retribution keeps the system from working, unless you wait until just before the period for feedback is to elapse, then flame him toasty, so he can't respond after the time-out.

Now Tony has an FAQ entry for "buying/selling on eBay"!

#174849 - 17/08/2003 23:09 Re: Delicate threatening letter [Re: pca]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
you wait until just before the period elapses, then flame him toasty.

Talk about a sneaky, underhanded, unethical thing to do! Patrick, I'm surprised at you!

I would never do such a thing -- until 41 days from now, that is!

Although I suspect that I won't be able to, because after the fraud report I filed with eBay I expect he will be suspended and no further feedback will be allowed.

tanstaafl.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2