Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#175430 - 16/08/2003 00:21 need some EE help with circuits
ajayrockrock
journeyman

Loc: Riverside, CA
Hey,

I've been wanting to build a mythtv box for quite a while now. The problem is that I have Dish Network and so I would need an IR transmitter to send signals to the box from my computer. Months ago I searched and searched and came up with nothing...

Last week I tried searching again just to see if anyone came up with anything and I found this site where this guy writes out he made a mythtv box with dish network using an ir transmitter that he built!!

I emailed him and asked if he could build me a transmitter like the one he build from lirc.org. He response just said that building the transmitter is really easy. I offered him him like 10-20 bucks for it since I have no clue how to read those diagrams but he hasn't responded (and it's been over a week).

So I was wondering if someone can help me out by building one of those transmitters described on the lirc.org site so I can start work on my mythtv box. I will pay for supplies and your time (within reason) and I will be very grateful!!

Thanks,
Ajay

#175431 - 16/08/2003 05:10 Re: need some EE help with circuits [Re: ajayrockrock]
tman
carpal tunnel

I can do it for you but I'm in the UK...

#175432 - 16/08/2003 12:25 Re: need some EE help with circuits [Re: tman]
ajayrockrock
journeyman

Loc: Riverside, CA
thanks!

You should have some email waiting...

later,
ajay