Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#179036 - 12/09/2003 15:36 Potential RAV4 Installation
LTJBukem
enthusiast

Changing car ... probably to a RAV4

Is there anything I need to watch for ? .. is the dash actually a double din or is it a funny size ?

Also i'm going to seriously downsize the installation and run the empeg through a Head Unit, as there will no longer be space for the amp and subs. Is there any problem with this ?

Does anyone know whether Traffic Announements would work over an auxillery input ?

Any advice appreciated .. the units will be professionally installed, but I like to be prepared.

Thanks

Dave

#179037 - 12/09/2003 15:46 Re: Potential RAV4 Installation [Re: LTJBukem]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Does anyone know whether Traffic Announements would work over an auxillery input ?
Wouldn't that depend on the head unit you get?

Since, from what you just said, you're going to be running Empeg->Headunit, then it's up to the head unit to do both the TA'ing and the interrupting. So that's something you'd have to ask the manufacturer of the head unit.

#179038 - 12/09/2003 16:06 Re: Potential RAV4 Installation [Re: tfabris]
LTJBukem
enthusiast

You're right !!

It's kind of an open book as to which head unit i'll be getting although Alpine / Pioneer are favoured. I'm wondering whether anyone else is using an Empeg in this configuration and uses Traffic Announcements (do they only work in the UK, since you have no RDS in the US ?)

Also Tony, i've been reading the FAQ and noticed the Pacific Accessory SWI-X. Is anyone using one of these, and how mich do they cost approx ?

Ta

#179039 - 12/09/2003 16:10 Re: Potential RAV4 Installation [Re: LTJBukem]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
do they only work in the UK, since you have no RDS in the US ?
Correct. Well, we have RDS in the US, but hardly anyone uses it and it's rarely used for anything more than displaying the station's call letters.

I don't know much about the SWI-X.