Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#18825 - 28/09/2000 22:16 java impl of emptool
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
Just curious if anyone else is doing any Java work with the empeg... I'm getting close to releasing a Java implementation of emptool. I have the libs all ported and most of emptool (except the Console right now). I'll be testing it over the next week or so.

I'm going to release the source once I'm happy that it remotely works (the basic protocol stuff seems to be working pretty well already).

Where's the best place to release this? Should this be part of the openEmpeg stuff on sourceforge or a separate project?

Mike

#18826 - 28/09/2000 23:01 Re: java impl of emptool [Re: mschrag]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Sweet, I didn't think anyone was working on that yet. Do you want testers? I do java programming for my day job, so I might even be qualified ;-) Seems to me that this would fit in with the OpenEmpeg stuff. Anyway, let me know if I can help.

-Mike

#18827 - 29/09/2000 16:31 Re: java impl of emptool [Re: mcomb]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
Testers would be great ... I just finished connecting to the empeg, downloading the database, and rendering a Swing tree out of the playlists. (This probably doesn't sound like too much, but it took quite a bit to get that far -- it's kind of cool to see it working). The nastiest part by far is the endianness and type conversion... I can't tell you how many times I've screwed that up.

I'm pretty scared to test some of this stuff, because if I screw up the database rebuilding stuff, I'm sure I'll hose my empeg all up...

But anyway -- Once I finish implementing ConsoleInterface (so you can navigate around the player), I'll put a build out on OpenEmpeg and let you know.