Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#18904 - 29/09/2000 16:53 Dallas? Camry?

Loc: Dallas Texas USA
I have gone through just about every post in this section looking for anyone that makes reference to installing their player in to a Toyota Camry. I have a 97 and am rapidly coming up in the queue and am doing my homework.

Any Camry owners experience anything I should know about?

On another note.. anyone in the Dallas Texas area use anyone top notch for their install? Am I the first on my area to get one? I don't know if I want to try a local chop shop or not, I just don't know enough about anyone in my area.

Q#15772 - get that 12GB green ready for me now!

#18905 - 03/10/2000 21:28 Re: Dallas? Camry? [Re: avatarTX]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
I live in the Dallas area, and I already have my empeg, but its not installed yet. I'm having a friend who used to work in various car stereo install places help me do it-im afraid most of the installers wouldnt figure out what to do with it. Ive checked the wiring out, and the head unit itself will be simple for me, I installed the one I have in there now. It's the amp that im not exactly sure how to do. Its a matter of me having the time to do it-im perfectly happy using my empeg at home and at work for now.

Sean

#18906 - 04/10/2000 20:40 Re: Dallas? Camry? [Re: avatarTX]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
Ok so I didn't answer your question in my last post. I can only tell you what I have heard. Earmark and autosound are supposed to be good, but I think they are a bit pricey. I guess it just depends on the individual working on your vehicle.

Sean

Empeg 12 gig green 080000078

#18907 - 09/10/2000 07:05 Re: Dallas? Camry? [Re: Terminator]

Loc: Dallas Texas USA
Okay, i have had the unit installed.

I chose Custom Stereo & Cellular in my home town, Lewisville Texas.. just north of Dallas. Out of everyone that I talked to, these guys were a little more expensive than the others, however I believe that they were also the best qualified.

The sled is locked in the car nice and solid, no rattles or anything like that. The wiring is clean and hidden. The empeg player works like it is supposed to.

I bought a Clarion AMX 400.4 amp to power my player as well. They installed it in the trunk (boot?) against the back seat. In my car ('97 Toyota Camry) the rear seats can fold down if needed. The install of the amp is clean, and allows me to fold down the seats just fine.

I am still running with the factory speakers because I ran out of funds to buy new ones.. however they really do not sound bad at all once I adjusted the equalizer on the empeg player. I may not buy new ones after all, or at least for a long while.

My amp cost $350us, the install of the amp ran $100us and the install for the empeg was $50us. The price of the amp was a little costly, I could have ordered it online for cheaper I am sure. But it's a good quality amp, one that I will take with me when I get rid of the car.

I recommend these guys, they are very knowledgable and do good quality work even if you do have to pay top dollar. And now they are familiar with the product.

Carl

080000506 12gb-green