Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#191058 - 29/11/2003 03:40 Anyone from Doncaster? Trax systems and iButton
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I have been trying to buy a iButton immobilizer/car alarm from Trax Systems in Doncaster (UK) since 2001. I get occasional responses to e-mail, they take my order - and then nothing. This has now been repeated a number of times. I think the only way to get something done with these guys is actually visiting them physically. Anyone know them?

#191059 - 29/11/2003 05:19 Re: Anyone from Doncaster? Trax systems and iButton [Re: julf]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
I can do one of three things for you Julf, it's only just down the A1 from me and it'll prompt me to visit a client in the town, which I've been meaning to do for months:
a) I can see if my friends at Unicar in Leeds can order it for you and then courier it over to you.
b)You can order it from Trax and pay by credit card and I'll pick it up and courier it to you.
c)I'll order, pick it up and pay for it and courier it on.
We can sort out how you pay me, when we've arranged whether a,b or c.

By the way, one of those new amphibian sports cars sunk in Lake Windermere, which is flat calm!

#191060 - 29/11/2003 05:41 Re: Anyone from Doncaster? Trax systems and iButto [Re: boxer]
julf
veteran

I can see if my friends at Unicar in Leeds can order it for you and then courier it over to you.

That would be great! I think they would be a bit more responsive to Unicar than to a private individual (especially from overseas).

So yes, your help would be *very much* appreciated!

By the way, one of those new amphibian sports cars sunk in Lake Windermere, which is flat calm!

Woops! I don't want to imagine what the insurance is going to cost for one of those

#191061 - 29/11/2003 16:31 Re: Anyone from Doncaster? Trax systems and iButto [Re: julf]
tman
carpal tunnel

Wonder if they just use the serial number only iButtons or if it's more complicated. It's actually quite easy to emulate an iButton but then again, you'd need to get physical access to your keys to get the serial number off it.

The serial number can be read electronically or just off the top of the iButton can.

#191062 - 30/11/2003 05:14 Re: Anyone from Doncaster? Trax systems and iButto [Re: tman]
julf
veteran

Wonder if they just use the serial number only iButtons or if it's more complicated.

Pretty sure they only use the serial number. About as secure as an ordinary key or remote keyfob things. There are the wonderfully complicated java crypto buttons, allowing challenge-response, but I'm sure they haven't used those.

#191063 - 30/11/2003 10:46 Re: Anyone from Doncaster? Trax systems and iButto [Re: julf]
g_attrill
old hand

Loc: Hants, UK
I bought a starter kit and the ThermoCron data logging iButton and it's really great! You can set a start time and log for a certain amount of time and then dump it all into a CSV. I used to take it diving and tie the key-fob onto the tank valve and log the temperatures during the dive.

Gareth