Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#19849 - 09/10/2000 08:20 Cheers to guys@empeg
jwtadmin
enthusiast

Loc: Ipswich, MA
I thought with many negative threads running recently it would be nice to give cheers to all of the guys@empeg.

I have never seen this kind of participation from so many company officials in an unofficial BBS! With out Empeg we would be just fishing around. There have been so many cases where a customer's Empeg install has been saved from a trip back due to the fantastic help from Rob or Hugo(cheers also go to Tony for this!)
I purchased my Empeg with out hesitation due to the exemplary devotion of all of the people at Empeg to get the product to the customer and to support the customer no mater what the problem with their unit or their install.
Empeg has also gone far above and beyond any kind of expected level of service in the area of playing with the developer image. Not to mention that the developer image is FREE!!!

Enough said.
A big thank you goes to everyone at Empeg for a fantastic product that continues to get better and for the outstanding customer service you provide to even the most irrational customers!!

John

#19850 - 09/10/2000 09:12 Re: Cheers to guys@empeg [Re: jwtadmin]
Verteggio
stranger

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
Ya know, I have to second this motion. Even before I decided to purchase my empeg, I would browse this board every so often and was amazed at how many and how quickly the empeg folks would respond to customer issues, questions, suggestions, etc...
Then, when I finally did order mine, and had a question about the order I was amazed to find a response in my mailbox less then 1 hour after sending the initial email, even when it was 9:30pm in the uk! That just blew me away, that support for a home-brewed device was this responsive. As well the concern for resolving issues seems to be top-priority, and not the all mighty dollar!

I have never seen the involvement in customers that I have seen from the folks at empeg - whether it be comparing it to a huge corporation, or to other home-grown projects. That, combined with the fantastic design and implementation of the empeg, and the ability to keep developing it for future applications is something rarelly thought of as part of the key to its design.

Hats off to the folks who make this all possible!

#19851 - 09/10/2000 09:13 Re: Cheers to guys@empeg [Re: jwtadmin]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
You're welcome

#19852 - 09/10/2000 09:19 Re: Cheers to guys@empeg [Re: Verteggio]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Here here! The support i saw on this board was the deciding factor for me in my purchase for sure. Still amazing.

I even offered to still pay for the AR faceplate despite Empeg offering them for free, but Rob graciously declined (a scant 15 minutes or so later). Now howabout that, a company turning DOWN money!

*three cheers*

|| loren.cox

#19853 - 09/10/2000 09:20 Re: Cheers to guys@empeg [Re: loren]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
> Now howabout that, a company turning DOWN money!

Well if you insist

#19854 - 09/10/2000 15:07 Re: Cheers to guys@empeg [Re: Verteggio]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Hats off to the folks who make this all possible!

And let's not forget the participation of the clients on this bbs. The nearly 20,000 posts (18,876 as I write this) contain an incredible wealth of knowledge, contributed unselfishly by the likes of tfabris, schofiel, henno, bonzi, dionysus, jazzwire, DiGNAN17, teemcbee... don't forget cambscar and verement who haven't been as active recently as in the past, and newcomer fvgestel who really seems to know his stuff, and HighWayDrifter, our "Bad Boy" from California, and Dredd who keeps us all on our toes. There are literally hundreds of us (I like to think that even I have made useful contributions in a small way) that have worked to create a dynamic tool of unparalleled usefulness, not only to us but to empeg as well.

I've said it before... we have a truly extraordinary group of people on this bbs.

Ouch... my arm hurts from patting myself so hard on the back...

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#19855 - 09/10/2000 19:53 Re: Cheers to guys@empeg [Re: jwtadmin]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Agree completely. The AR thing is a great example. Thanks for all the hard work guys.

-Mike

#19856 - 10/10/2000 00:50 Re: Cheers to guys@empeg [Re: jwtadmin]
hendrik
new poster

Loc: Valthe, The Netherlands
I totally agree! Last sunday I experienced a problem, posted to the BBS and in a minute or so Rob replied to my post. That's service for you!

Hendrik
18Gb green
Hendrik #030102522 10Gb smoked by steve

#19857 - 10/10/2000 02:15 Re: Cheers to guys@empeg [Re: rob]
Mark Petersen
journeyman

Loc: Denmark, Kbh Ø
Thats the spirite

Mark
wait for mk III with a USB Host/slave
(USB->GPS)(USB->Bluetooth)(USB->You name it)