Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#203025 - 08/02/2004 09:20 Anyone from Sweden hear of "The Knife" ?
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I just found out about a band called "The Knife" and I'm trying to get a CD or two by them. All I knew was that they were from Sweden because the DJ that was playing them just downloaded the mp3 so she couldn't provide any information. Google and allmusic.com searches showed nothing until this week..

Now, their English language this site as being able to ship their CD's to the US.

Does anyone have an suggestions on how to track down their CD's? That site doesn't have their most recent offering, but at this point I'd be happy to get whatever I can.

#203026 - 08/02/2004 14:43 Re: Anyone from Sweden hear of "The Knife" ? [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Nope, never heard of them - but then I'm not into the punkish end of the scale... (if I found the right group)

www.ginza.se has 3 records with them; The Knife 2001, Deep Cuts (2003), Hannah med H (soundtrack, 2003). Prices: 99/139/139 SEK (~7.3 SEK to the $US) Looks like they only ship inside Sweden and to Norway. If you want any of the records, I could order them and then forward them...

Edit: www.cdon.com has somwehat better prices (89, 149, 99) and also an additional single; You take my breath away (2003) for 45 SEK

Edit2: cdon.com ships to Norway, Finland, Denmark & Holland, besides Sweden.

www.skivhugget.se ships internationally (didn't initially find anything there as I searched on "the knife" - only "knife" worked better...

They have a couple singles more; complete list:

DEEP CUTS/CD/159.00 SEK
GOT 2 LET U/CD-MAXI/33.00 SEK
HANNA MED H - SOUNDTRACK/CD/149.00 SEK
HEARTBEATS/CD-MAXI/33.00 SEK
KNIFE/CD/88.00 SEK (currently reduced price)
N.Y. HOTEL/CD-MAXI/39.00 SEK
YOU TAKE MY BREATH AWAY/CD-MAXI/55.00 SEK

From these prices you take off the Swedish VAT of 25% (ie multiply by 0.8) and add shipping... Looks to be the best solution if you ordered directly from skivhugget... Here's their english language site

/Michael

#203027 - 08/02/2004 16:15 Re: Anyone from Sweden hear of "The Knife" ? [Re: mtempsch]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Wow Michael! Thank you! That's the right band (they are very Pop sounding, I'm not sure how they get called Punk, but I have seen them called that before). I'll check out that site!

Thanks again!