Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#212420 - 06/04/2004 22:33 Low volume aux
pfalstad
new poster

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
Hello, I have a mk2 empeg with 2.00 software. My factory radio is plugged into the empeg as an aux input. Listening to mp3's works fine, but I am having trouble listening to the radio. I have empeg set up with the source set to auxiliary, and when I turn the volume on both the empeg and the radio up to the maximum, I can just barely hear the radio. The two little bars at the right end of the display flicker weakly.

It could be installed improperly. I did not do it, so I don't know the details of how it was done, and I am hopeless with this sort of thing (not even sure how I would remove the radio to look at it). I assume that it worked at one time, but that was four years ago and I don't remember. (That was with pre-2.0 software, of course.) I have been using mp3 mode this whole time. The only reason I want to use the radio now is that I'm selling the car.

Any ideas?

#212421 - 07/04/2004 04:48 Re: Low volume aux [Re: pfalstad]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

Unfortunately, it involves checking the connection. Since you are getting some signal at maximum volumes, there is some kind of connection. But I expect that either:

a) the aux-in wires are loose or barely making contact
b) your factory radio is not sending out line level signals
c) your factory radio does not have proper line outs, and this was somehow rigged by your installer.

You would need to physically take a look at the connections. Does your factory head unit have a CD or tape? Do they show the same volume problems?