Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#212724 - 10/04/2004 21:27 Cygwin and sendmail
lectric
pooh-bah

Loc: New Orleans, LA
OK, I'm totally new to Cygwin, but I have a decent background in Redhat Linux. Here's the deal. I have set up several pop mail servers using Redhat, but most of the time, it's already installed and ready to run. Unfortunately, Cygwin doesn't exactly seem to have sendmail installed, and don't have a clue as to how to go about it. It's nothing particularly important, I'm just doing it as a learning exercise, but now it's starting to really bug me. Oh, and I HAVE successfully installed httpd, sshd, and ftpd. They seem to work like a champ. The only other thing I am failing in installing is postgres. But that's a question for another day.

Oh, I assume I'm supposed to use ssmtp and exim to make mail work properly, but I get errors when I try to start the exim service. Error 1067, but that's just a general failure, so no help there.

#212725 - 15/04/2004 21:17 Re: Cygwin and sendmail [Re: lectric]
lectric
pooh-bah

Loc: New Orleans, LA
Sorry to bring this back up, but I finally gave up on Cygwin, installed RedHat 9 like I've done a thousand times before, and promply discovered that the reason I couldn't receive email is that my ISP blocks port 25 (and 80). I can't believe the amount of time I wasted trying to figure that out. The only way for it to work is to go to an SMTP redirection route. What a PITA.