Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#220511 - 21/12/2001 17:32 UK purchase
tallchap
stranger

1. Thank god I found you guys.
2. I have tried everything to get a Rio Receiver shipped to the UK (without success).
3. I even bought one from outpost.com who said they had stock and would ship, but after two weeks my order was cancelled as they "couldn''t get product from the manufacturer".
4. I am both heartened and somewhat disappointed to read the various thread messages. Sounds like there should be availability in the UK in the new year, but then again there's some conjecture as to whether this may be true.
5. The new box is about $1,500 is it not? Surely this is not a replacement to the Rio Receiver at $169.
6. I want one (a Rio Receiver). I think I will email them in the new year when they are open again now I have an email adress.

Thanks

#220512 - 21/12/2001 17:39 Re: UK purchase [Re: tallchap]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The new box is about $1,500 is it not? Surely this is not a replacement to the Rio Receiver at $169.

The new box is not a replacement for the Receiver. It is a jukebox/server/ripper. It will serve Rio Receivers by default, and it actually COMES WITH an extra Rio Receiver so you can do precisely that when you open the box.

The new box is meant to be in place of the dedicated PC computer in the server/client system. It's for people who haven't ever tried to use a PC as a ripper/server, or those who have done it but would rather have a quiet, reliable, standard-stereo-component unit doing the job.

It's also a fantastic stand-alone jukebox, and an excellent CD ripper. You just stick the CD into it, and it does all the rest: ripping, tagging, categorizing, etc.

There's a thread on the Empeg BBS about it here:

http://empeg.comms.net/php/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=empeg_general&Number=48986

#220513 - 23/12/2001 09:48 Re: UK purchase [Re: tfabris]
tallchap
stranger

All becomes clear!

However, with a suitable wireless LAN in place including various CD-R's and CD-RW's i have all the hard disk space and ripping I need.