Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#221628 - 16/06/2002 17:38 Dead Screen & Solid Link Lights, Anyone seen this?
brturn
new poster

Loc: Cary, NC
Hello,

I wired up my reciever in preparation for a party the next evening and everything was working perfectly. It played all though the evening as I cleaned and setup. Before bed, I turn it off.

Next evening before the party, I go to turn on the music in that room and find the screen is blank. Still plays the music and link lights are still blinking. Thinking it might be a bootup issue, I unplug the unit and wait a few minutes, then re-plug and turn it back on.

The screen 'flashes' once, but remains blank (backlight still works).

Then I notice the link lights aren't blinking, they're solid. When I try to navigate the menus blindly, I can never get it to play. Even navigating with the remote does not get music to play. But the power button still turns the unit on/off.

Has anyone seen this behavior? What could have killed it over the night?

Hoping for an easy solution,
--Bryan

#221629 - 17/06/2002 09:18 Re: Dead Screen & Solid Link Lights, Anyone seen this? [Re: brturn]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I think someone else reported something similar, so it might be a known problem. I recommend contacting support.

#221630 - 17/06/2002 16:59 Re: Dead Screen & Solid Link Lights, Anyone seen this? [Re: tfabris]
brturn
new poster

Loc: Cary, NC
Thanks Tony, I'll drop them a note.

--Bryan