Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222369 - 14/11/2002 15:16 Curious: Official Software update ever?
iceweazel
journeyman

Loc: the states
With the demise of manufacturing, and the sales of all the back stock including re-badged Dells' (which I think look nicer anyway), will there actually ever be an official software server update? I recall seeing mention of various builds laying around before.

I only ask as I gave a few away as gifts, and some of the receipients were very much non-computer types. There's no way I want to try and help them setup something like jreceiver remotely. It would be hard enough to help them in person!

Ed

#222370 - 14/11/2002 17:09 Re: Curious: Official Software update ever? [Re: iceweazel]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Quite unofficially (and may come to nothing)..

I think it more likely that the current server will be scrapped and the functionality incorporated into a new multi purpose application. This would be the right solution anyway.

Rob

#222371 - 14/11/2002 21:32 Re: Curious: Official Software update ever? [Re: rob]
iceweazel
journeyman

Loc: the states
Well I now know there are different versions of the official server. The new Black re-badged Dell didn't work with the default old 1.03, and I found that 1.04 was on the cd inside.
Anyone want this put up somewhere? It only seems to
add support for the new boxes. (see hsx-109 won't work thread for more info)

Ed

#222372 - 15/11/2002 04:14 Re: Curious: Official Software update ever? [Re: iceweazel]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Anyone want this put up somewhere?

No point. As you say, the only extra is support for the rebadged Dell boxes. There are no bugfixes. There is no other new functionality.

Anybody who needs it will receive it on the CD with the new Receiver.