Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222612 - 12/01/2003 12:52 RIO HARDWARE & SOFTWARE PROBLEMS
rakosior
stranger

I going crazy trying to get my rio reciever to work. Just moved into a new house wich was wired for ethernet in each room. I thought that the rio reciever was the perfect solution to playing my digital music through my home audio system. However, I have not gotten this thing to work!

I loaded the rio software on my PC. The software loaded correctly and scanned my HD to build the music library. However, each time I boot my PC the audio manager software does not automatically execute but instead notifies me that "armgr.exe" has encountered a problem and needs to close. I then manually launch the rio receiver software but my receiver is not recognized and there is no receiver icon in the audio receiver manager window. I've tried to reinstall the software several times but with no success.

Any help would be appreciated. I've had no luck with Rio (help line is always busy).

I'm running XP on a Dell PIII, 600mhz, 256MB with a Belkin cable router and an ATT broadband connection.

#222613 - 12/01/2003 14:12 Re: RIO HARDWARE & SOFTWARE PROBLEMS [Re: rakosior]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
but my receiver is not recognized and there is no receiver icon in the audio receiver manager window.

Technically, the receiver isn't recognised -- the server software is. See, it works like this -- when you turn on the Receiver, it contacts the server. At that point, the manager application puts the icon in the window.

Some troubleshooting tips:

1. From a command prompt, run 'ipconfig /all' and post the results here.
2. Look at the output of 'ipconfig /all' and remember the setting labelled 'IP Address'. If you've got broadband plugged directly into your PC, you might have this listed more than once. Look for the one related to the network card that the Receiver is plugged in to.
3. In Internet explorer, go to http://a.b.c.d:12078/content/100?_extended=1 Remember to replace the a.b.c.d part with your IP address (from step 2). You should see a screen something like this (assuming you've got some playlists):

16d20=PBoyGeorgeDj.com - Disc 1
16d30=PBoyGeorgeDj.com - Disc 2
16d40=PCream Live Disc 1
16d50=PCream Live Disc 2
16d60=PHouse Collection 3-1
16d70=PHouse Collection 3-2
16d80=PHouse Collection 4-1
16d90=PHouse Collection 4-2

Failing that, try http://a.b.c.d:12078/query?artist=

It will bring up a list of the artists in your database.

If that works, then we'll know that the Receiver software is running properly.

Other things that might be the problem:

Have you got the Receiver and your PC both plugged into your broadband router? If so, does ATT allow you to plug multiple PCs into it?

It looks to me like your PC isn't getting an IP address at the same time that the Receiver software is starting, which is what's causing it to crash.

You could also try running it with logging turned on:

armgr /log:filename.log

Look in filename.log to see if there's anything obvious in there. I can't remember how much information it outputs, though.

Some other troubleshooting tips:

When you turn on the Rio Receiver, what happens? How far does it get before stopping? What's displayed on the screen?