Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#22545 - 16/11/2000 10:10 Version 1.1 ??
Smoker_Man

Loc: Calgary, CANADA
Does anyone know the ETA of this? Can anyone from the alpha team let us know?
I am uncontrollably excited about the bookmark feature, is it implemented or will I have to wait longer? (no, no, please god no!!)
As I am sure, many of the new features will undoubtedly cause me to squeal with glee, perhaps a x-mas delivery date? Keep me waiting with sleepless nights?

Ever since I received my Empeg, I cant let go of it! It sits on my desk at work, caused me to drop many hard earned dollars on car audio equipment, sits at home where I am almost always putting new music into it, driving my neighbours insane with the volume I listen to .
One would think I am nearly married to my Empeg, or schemeing to implant the unit somewhere into my body...(I'll let you now if it works, or if I live to tell it!)

Please? Anyone? Please?

(For the love of God, or is God an Empeg?)

#22546 - 16/11/2000 10:32 Re: Version 1.1 ?? [Re: Smoker_Man]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Can anyone from the alpha team let us know?

The alpha team hasn't yet been given a build of 1.1 to test. And when we do, we'll be under an NDA and wouldn't be able to answer that question anyway.

The alpha team will probably get a build of 1.1 to play with sometime before the end of the year (we hope). I don't know how long before it's released publicly, it depends on how feature-complete our alpha build is and how many bugs have to be swatted.

As I am sure, many of the new features will undoubtedly cause me to squeal with glee, perhaps a x-mas delivery date?

Every Empeg software release is Christmas, regardless of what day it falls on.

(For the love of God, or is God an Empeg?)

No, God is not an Empeg. However this post should clear up any questions you have about the God/Empeg relationship.

#22547 - 16/11/2000 10:51 Re: Version 1.1 ?? [Re: Smoker_Man]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
I am uncontrollably excited about the bookmark feature, is it implemented or will I have to wait longer?

The former.

schemeing to implant the unit somewhere into my body...(I'll let you now if it works, or if I live to tell it!)

As long as your body has a standard DIN mount, there should be no problem. It's no more tricky than fitting any other after-market bodily organ.

For the love of God, or is God an Empeg?

I don't think God's that interested, but his son hangs out here sometimes.

Peter (stuck in CategoryWhimsy today for some reason)

#22548 - 16/11/2000 12:14 Re: Version 1.1 ?? [Re: tfabris]
phaigh
addict

Loc: Reading, UK
The florida comment, never more apt than now.....

Paul.

Paul Haigh, Reg. 4120
(mk1) 6GB, Blue, 00254
(mk2) 12GB, Red, 00357