Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#228272 - 23/07/2004 07:36 SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1
elperepat
enthusiast

Loc: Qc, Canada
Following Tony's announcement of lrcDB, I'm pleased to release version 1.1 of my SYLT Lyrics Plugin for Winamp.

Here's what changed since last version:

• Retrieve timestamped lyrics from www.lrcDB.org
  • Submit timestamped lyrics to www.lrcDB.org
  • Retrieve lyrics from www.sing365.com
  • Retrieve lyrics from www.allthelyrics.com
  • Support for multiple timestamps per lines
  • Shift-CTRL+I Revert to default (safe) settings
  • Redone UI (menu, help)
  • Fix bug with Unicode SYLT frame (Created with Windows Media Player)
  • Fix bug: id3v1 Genre was being erased after saving

Be sure to read the included ReadMe, as there's lot of info in there.

You may now download the plugin

Enjoy!

#228273 - 23/07/2004 15:00 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
i have a request. i have to go through an http proxy here at work. could you add the ability to add a proxy input section. i would like to be able to manually input my proxy info, or choose to use the default proxy info that IE uses.

#228274 - 23/07/2004 15:23 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: RobotCaleb]
elperepat
enthusiast

Woh...

It should be possible, I just don't know how ;-)

I'll see if I can find examples and if I do, it should be in the next release...

#228275 - 23/07/2004 16:30 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Any chance of a non-windows version?

-Mike

#228276 - 23/07/2004 16:49 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: mcomb]
elperepat
enthusiast

Little to none in short term....

VB is easy to program, but not portable...

In the beginnings, I planned to redo the entire project in C, but now that I invested that much time in VB, I don't think I'll do it soon. As for Java, I know nothing about it, so it would be a big, big challenge ;-) and don't even know if it would be possible to integrate it as much in winamp as it is.

If you were thinking of Linux, I don't know if/how wine would handle it. Maybe I'll try it tonight.

Sorry...

#228277 - 23/07/2004 17:38 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

#228278 - 23/07/2004 18:02 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: RobotCaleb]
elperepat
enthusiast

Thanks, but I'm on the old VB6, and I think I found out an example somewhere... I'm coding it... 1.1.1 should be released soon ;-)

#228279 - 28/07/2004 16:18 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1.1 [Re: elperepat]
elperepat
enthusiast

I just released 1.1.1

Here are the changes since 1.1:

• Added Proxy Support
  • Improved "Snap to Winamp"
  • Fixed bug with "Modern Skins" of winamp
  • Added a scrolling "token" in edit mode to help adjust timestamps

You can get it at the usual place

#228280 - 28/07/2004 22:42 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1.1 [Re: elperepat]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Just had a chance to try it out this afternoon, and this thing absolutely fucking rocks.

Tony and Patrick, I'm absolutely floored. This is top-notch work.

#228281 - 30/07/2004 20:47 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1.1 [Re: elperepat]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

cool
i was in training all this week, ill try the proxy bit out on monday. thanks for adding it, and the timestamp bit and the modern skin fix. thanks for everything, actually.

#228282 - 03/08/2004 19:42 SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: elperepat]
elperepat
enthusiast

Version 1.2 is now available:

• Added ability to submit corrections to lrcDB
  • Added support for Leo's Lyrics website
  • Added Goggle button when "No lyrics are found"
  • Added possibility to highlight more than one line at the time
  • Fixed a bug that id3v1 were created in mp3 file with every save
  • Fixed a problem with submissions to lrcDB when lyrics contained a &

and still more...

You can get it on it's website

#228283 - 03/08/2004 20:25 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: elperepat]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

It warms the cockles of my heart to see that list, since some of those were specifically due to my needling.

This plug-in is exceptionally cool, for those who haven't tried it out, do so, it's rather amazing. Its lyric-finding ability is just as good as EvilLyrics was, and you can time-stamp very easily and submit them to lrcdb with just a few clicks.

#228284 - 03/08/2004 21:40 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: tfabris]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
My bias here is obvious, but nevertheless, let me say that this plugin is the king. 1000+ lyrics in the lrcDB after just two weeks would have NEVER happened without this thing, and it's only gotten better. Tagging lyrics is almost effortless now, and the integration with lrcDB is even better than I'd imagined it'd be.

So yeah, go download this now.

#228285 - 05/08/2004 19:28 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: tonyc]
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I just sent a corrected lyric up to lrcDB after I noticed that a couple lyrics showed "(non-album track)" for the album. The track was U2's Grace from All That You Can't Leave Behind. Was that due to the album title length? So now there are two copies of Grace, the only difference being the album. Is corrections still being worked on? How about if the same user uploads the track, it replaces the previous entry? Also it seems a bit misleading in the SYLT plugin saying "Submit Correction to lrcDB". I noticed it has a yellow dot when there is a lyric there already, but before I realized that I was a bit worried about submitting a lyric.

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons

#228286 - 05/08/2004 20:00 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: Waterman981]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Quote:
I noticed that a couple lyrics showed "(non-album track)" for the album. Was that due to the album title length?

No, it was because the peron who submitted it didn't have his MP3s tagged properly. Personally, I wouldn't trust those. Someone who doesn't bother to fill out the album name for a track might not have checked to make sure the words in the lyric were right, either.

Early on in the history of LRCdb, there was a bug that caused album titles with quotes to be parsed wrong and would cause "(non-album track)" to appear, but that bug has been fixed for a couple weeks now.

#228287 - 05/08/2004 20:12 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: tfabris]
Waterman981
old hand

Well since I submitted the previous lyric, and didn't change anything except upload it with 1.2... I've also just noticed with 1.2 that if you have timestamps out of order, such as a blank line, it doesn't move the line to the correct place with the timestamp like it used to. It does move all lines if you have one line stamped multiple times however.

#040103696 on a shelf

#228288 - 05/08/2004 20:19 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: Waterman981]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
I just sent a corrected lyric up to lrcDB after I noticed that a couple lyrics showed "(non-album track)" for the album. The track was U2's Grace from All That You Can't Leave Behind. Was that due to the album title length? So now there are two copies of Grace, the only difference being the album. Is corrections still being worked on? How about if the same user uploads the track, it replaces the previous entry? Also it seems a bit misleading in the SYLT plugin saying "Submit Correction to lrcDB". I noticed it has a yellow dot when there is a lyric there already, but before I realized that I was a bit worried about submitting a lyric.

I'll delete the "non-album track" version. I'm not sure what happened there, that was uploaded awhile back and lrcDB has been evolving. The correction feature is new, but I haven't found any bugs with it yet. Patrick and I talked about the "if the same user uploads it, replace the entry" and may implement it, but it's not there yet. Currently all corrections (even if it's you) require an admin to go in and look at it, which is no big deal for now, as the volume is reasonable.

What is misleading about saying "Submit Correction to lrcDB?" That's what it's doing. It's seeing that the track already exists, and if you choose to continue, will submit it as a correction instead of a new track. Makes sense, right?

BTW, I deleted the non-album copy of Grace. Thanks for uploading ATYCLB.

#228289 - 05/08/2004 20:20 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: Waterman981]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Did you submit the previous lyric a week or two ago when LRCdb still had the quote bug? Did the album title have any quotes in it?

Edit: Duh, I should have looked closer, yeah, that's what happened. The album name had "Can't" in it. The single quote induced the bug. You must have done it before Ynot fixed the bug.

#228290 - 05/08/2004 20:36 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: tfabris]
Waterman981
old hand

Gotcha. That was throwing me for a loop because I know my MP3's are tagged properly.

#040103696 on a shelf

#228291 - 06/08/2004 04:14 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
Glen_L

Loc: Elk Grove, CA
Patrick,

Any chance of adding a menu feature to strip off trailing commas and any extra spaces at the end of lines?

Thanks for all your hard work.

#228292 - 06/08/2004 06:10 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
I'm loving my Auto-Click-As-You-Sing. Thanks for implementing it, makes a great program even better.

I noticed when I installed that it's got what appears to be Tony's testing site listed as the lrcdb address. I changed it before I tried to log on or submit anything, so I don't if it has any effect.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Matthew

#228293 - 06/08/2004 07:41 Triming punctuation [Re: Glen_L]
elperepat
enthusiast

That's something I was talking about with TonyC. It will be an option in next release...

#228294 - 06/08/2004 07:51 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: matthew_k]
elperepat
enthusiast

Quote:
Tony's testing site listed as the lrcdb address.

That's strange, a search in the source returns no match for this.... The .ini isn't supplied in the install for that reason.... Where is it taking that from?? I'll continue to look for that one... Thanks for pointing out...

Quote:
I'm loving my Auto-Click-As-You-Sing.

Glad you asked for it... I'm also using it full time now :-)

#228295 - 06/08/2004 15:24 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Quote:
That's strange, a search in the source returns no match for this.... The .ini isn't supplied in the install for that reason.... Where is it taking that from?? I'll continue to look for that one... Thanks for pointing out...

I upgraded right on top of whatever version I had in the past. Perhaps it came from an older version? No need for concern really, once the tonyc.org site woudln't let me register I went and found the real one easily.

Matthew

#228296 - 06/08/2004 15:39 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: matthew_k]
elperepat
enthusiast

OK, that's it, v1.0 had that "bug". If you hadn't change that, it was the default value at that time. TonyC pointed it out to me and I corrected it in the release after.

#228297 - 20/08/2004 00:28 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Suggestions/Bugs, in order of importance to me:

I don't know that it's fixable, but it appears that seeking in the song causes the times to get off. I think you mentioned this before. You ought to put it in the readme if you can't fix it. Unless it's there and I missed it.

I can time better with buttondown events than buttonup. Can you change that or make it an option?

In the Click-as-you-sing mode, if you click the existing timestamp, it replaces the timestamp. If you click on a line that already has a timestamp somewhere other than the timestamp, it adds an additional one.

Ctrl-Arrows, I think, would be more intuitive for time tweaking than Ctrl-A and Ctrl-B.

You've misspelled "subtract" as "substract" in many places.

I think the edit mode would be easier to read if it were in columns rather than having the timestamp jammed right next to the lyrics.

#228298 - 20/08/2004 01:30 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: wfaulk]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Another...

The plug-in seems to have odd docking behavior. Sometimes when I try to move the plug-in on my screen, it moves Winamp around too. I usually have menu hidden if that makes a differance.

#228299 - 20/08/2004 02:02 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: wfaulk]
elperepat
enthusiast

Quote:
[...]it appears that seeking in the song causes the times to get off

Already in the "Known issues" section..... It's more of a winamp bug.... I ask winamp to seek at a specific time, and it doesn't give repeatable results...

Quote:
I can time better with buttondown events than buttonup. Can you change that or make it an option

That's a wanted feature... Sometimes, I click too soon. I just release the button later. You can always "offset the timing in the settings if your "lag" is constant. The new 1.2.1 version coming have the Insert key act as click, and this is done on keypress... I might take a look if I can make the mouse customizable...

Quote:
In the Click-as-you-sing mode, if you click the existing timestamp, it replaces the timestamp. If you click on a line that already has a timestamp somewhere other than the timestamp, it adds an additional one.

That's also the intended behaviour.... You can place multiple timestamp on lines. The plugin "flatten" the lyrics when saving by duplicating the lines with multiple timestamps. Useful for repeating chorus...

Quote:
Ctrl-Arrows, I think, would be more intuitive for time tweaking than Ctrl-A and Ctrl-B.

Good Idea... Noted...

Quote:
I think the edit mode would be easier to read if it were in columns rather than having the timestamp jammed right next to the lyrics.

That's something I was thinking about, but it's easier for me to do it that way: importing lrc files, getting lyrics from lrcdb, etc.... But I'll see if I can do anything...

Typos Noted...

Thanks for the comments :-)

#228300 - 20/08/2004 02:05 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
elperepat
enthusiast

Quote:
when I try to move the plug-in on my screen, it moves Winamp around too

Oh, That's a new one for me... Do you use Modern skins? Latest winamp version?

...and 1.2.1 have a few improvements for docking as well. It might fix this.

Maybe I'll released it this weekend...

#228301 - 20/08/2004 20:47 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: wfaulk]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Okay, more:

It'd be nice if I could use the mouse to move around in the file and to click-to-time without having to switch modes. Maybe let right-click or middle-click do the time function when in normal mode?

When editing, it'd be nice if I could add a line and have the marker still keep up with the lyric as tagged. That is, if I add a new line now, the marker gets one line behind.

If you're in edit mode and load a new track, the old lyrics remain. This is disconcerting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >