Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#228459 - 26/07/2004 01:46 Shark Week
lectric
pooh-bah

Loc: New Orleans, LA
It figures. The wife and I are going on vacation at the beach next week in Gulf Shores AL. I'm all excited and can't wait to go surfing again, but there's a problem. My wife has this (not wholly irrational) fear of sharks. I've pretty well got her to at least go swimming with me and then last week there's an article i the paper about a shark attack that just happened in Gulf Shores and it mentions that there are currently 10 times the number of sharks normally in the waters. Oh, and to top it all off, it's now shark week on Discovery. I'll be lucky if she let's me build a sandcastle. Crap.

#228460 - 26/07/2004 10:50 Re: Shark Week [Re: lectric]
clsmith

Tough luck!! I recently replay'd the "Anatomy of a Sharkbite" special that aired on Discovey last Summer. I didn't even realize that my Girlfriend was watching from her computer desk. Needless to say we won't be going to the beach anytime soon

#228461 - 26/07/2004 17:52 Re: Shark Week [Re: lectric]
trs24
old hand

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
The same thing happened the week before we went to Hawaii this last April. I was really excited about going surfing for the first time, but after the shark attacks had been reported, I opted for scuba diving.