Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#230204 - 09/08/2004 05:09 Certain functions not responding...
utna
new poster

Loc: LA, CA
When i press the artist button on the remote, it used to search for a similar artist in the playlist and reorder the playlist so the next song was by the same artist.

however, lately, it has not been doing that. any thoughts?

thanks,
~tim

#230205 - 09/08/2004 05:22 Re: Certain functions not responding... [Re: utna]
Shonky
pooh-bah

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
It never searched for "a similar artist". It searched for exactly the same artist. Mine's working fine here with 3a7 I think since I do use it a little bit. If I get keen and try a queue a large number 3a7 tends to hang at the end of the current song sometimes though.

Sure your remote is working on the artist button (I think it's the 2 button)? It should pop up with a message depending on whether or not it found a match.
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)

#230206 - 10/08/2004 15:35 Re: Certain functions not responding... [Re: utna]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The exact details of how the Tweak Order function works are here, see if anything in there explains the behavior you were getting.

Things that come to mind immediately are:

- You're not shuffling the whole contents of the player, rather you are playing a short sub-playlist and therefore the artist in question does not exist more than once in your current list of songs.

- The other songs by that artist have already played and are "in the past" so it doesn't find them.

- You're holding down the button instead of pressing it, so it's filtering that artist out.

- The files weren't tagged properly so the artist is misspelled and therefore it's not finding a match.