Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#242154 - 21/11/2004 16:47 Dension DH-100ix: Steer clear
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

I thought I'd try out the Dension car unit so I ordered one online on Thursday and it arrived on Friday. First of all I found the workmanship to be quite cheap - its hard to explain - the whole unit just smacked of cheapness. The harddrive caddy was thin and flimsy, the pull-down panel felt like it wouldn't last a week and there was something metallic rattling around inside the unit. I'm not taking any chances and its going straight back to whence it came. I'm sticking with my empeg.

The Dension is a nice idea but it requires some work in the quality department. Maybe they'll get better but I'll wait a few years before tryimg something else.

#242155 - 21/11/2004 20:12 Re: Dension DH-100ix: Steer clear [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
caseyse

Loc: CA, USA
I hadn't heard of this unit, and it does look sharp. As far as the quality of our empegs, they are built like tanks. No membrane buttons, or excessive plastic to break. If I'm still around, I suspect I'll still be using and admiring (one of) my empegs 20+ years from now. The empeg is one of few electronic devices that I feel comfortable calling "a classic"